Learn with hands on exercises to create an event model with other participants. Compare the current tooling available for the approach. Remove the technical to business chasm by showing functionality by example.
Learn how to:
Here is a list of topics that the workshop will cover:
- Motivation for the Event Modeling Language – using human-friendly mechanics
- 4 components, 4 patterns – implications, benefits, adjustments needed
- Strategic Event Modeling – Ensuring you are solving the right problem
- Mapping to existing methodologies, notations, patterns and roles
- Running your own Event Modeling Collaborative Workshops (in person and remotely)
- Event Modeling tooling ecosystem
- Estimating and running projects using Event Modeling
- Data Management using Event Modeling
- Using Functional Approaches to simplify abstractions
- Invariants and Complex Invariants
- Eliminating or Simplifying Process Managers while keeping workflow integrity
- Completing your own event model – group exercise
- Keeping all data as the simplest thing that could possibly work
- Premature optimisations are everywhere and how the industry abuses them
- “Serverless” mindset
- Command and event handlers as the best cadence known in the industry
- Implementing Given-When-Then and Given-Then tests
- Moving away from traditional abstractions without changing your tooling
- Example data in "specifications by example”
- Advanced Event Sourcing for storage side processing and projections
- Event Store vs Kafka, why both are needed
- Devops and source control impacts
- Project Management and Roadmap Organization
This workshop is offered alongside the in-person YOW! Perth 2022 conference.
Available datesDates coming soon
Our team is happy to discuss other options with you.
Contact us at email@example.com and mention ref:
Private tuition and large-group discounts are also available. Find out more here.
Who should take this workshop?
Bring your own laptop and wifi to this workshop.