According to the Equality & Human Rights Commission 54,000 woman a year are pushed out of their jobs due to pregnancy or maternity leave and 77% have faced negative or discriminatory treatment at work. At the same time women can face a 'motherhood penalty' at work and can experience stigma for choosing a child-free life. This panel explores the choices and challenges faced by women at work and working parents to help #breakthebias
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 5th - 8th December 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- E127 - Sara Harrup - The Pathway to Using Data Analytics to Relieve Hunger & in the Business (Online Meetup on 27th November 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- How to Build the Best Support for You AND Your Team (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- The Skinny on Lean Roadmapping (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Panel: What to Expect When you Might (or not) be Expecting
An enthusiastic, successful people and technology leader, with 20+ years experience in the IT industry - currently working for a UK Headquartered Software Development Company as a Development Director. She has always been passionate about people development, and now specialises in creating leaders and cultural change within organisations. Vanessa is an accredited trained corporate and life coach, helping businesses and people identify their goals and reach them. She has a special interest in helping young people get into work. She lives in London with her partner and teenage son, likes eating out, socialising and meeting new people.
Founder of ClarkMorgan, Andy has over 20 years of Global training and lecturing experience. In 2008, he was recognized by HKMA as “Outstanding Trainer of the Year”. In addition to training Andy has served as a personal coach and lecturer at Jiao Tong University and Tsinghua University and served as an MBA lecturer at Napier University.
An experienced technical leader, with over 15 years experience of working with collaborative technologies, awarded Microsoft MVP and currently Director of Innovation & Customer Success. She is passionate about the ability of technology to solve complex customer outcomes and real-world problems. Zoe is a founding member of the Agilisys Women Empowerment steering committee, working to set positive female role models for girls in technology and striving to further the diversity and inclusion agenda for all minorities, not just for women in tech. Also among her passions is accessibility, and using the power of modern technology to empower everyone to be included, regardless of their circumstances.