This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of Rust Forum
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the Rust Forum early-access window expires on August 22, 2022.
Every programming language uses either a garbage collector or lets you handle memory freely. Rust introduces a whole new approach: Ownership. Rust Ownership and Borrowing model combines the safety of a garbage collected language with the speed of a language like C that lets you handle the memory freely. In this talk, we will see how it works in practice. Then we will investigate why this is an essential concept of the language. This talk is for developers with no prior knowledge of Rust.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Rust (Online Workshop on 7th - 14th September 2022)
- Embedded Rust: Beginners Workshop (Online Workshop on 8th December 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- Bazel eXchange Panel: Day 2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2022)
- Fast, Green — Choose Two: A Buildkite Case Study (SkillsCast recorded in June 2022)