Rust's emphasis on memory safety, performance and high-level abstraction make it uniquely suited to the the task of developing embedded systems within mission and safety-critical environments.
This talk will show off some of the work we're doing at Ockam to make Rust the preferred language for shipping IOT devices when trust matters and 256kB of RAM is a lot.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Rust London Ockam Takeover: Q&A Panel (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Introduction to Rust (Online Workshop on 9th - 16th March 2022)
- Embedded Rust: Beginners Workshop (Online Workshop on 24th March 2022)
- Rust (Remote) Hack & Learn (Online Meetup on 29th January 2022)
- Getting Geospatial Data on the Web (Online Meetup on 10th February 2022)
- Test Those Metrics! Our Black-Box Approach for Observability Testing (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)
- Core Banking: A Tour of a Payments Ledger (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)
Building the Internet Of (Trusted) Things with Ockam and Embedded Rust
Antoine is a recovering C++ programmer, eager new Rust programmer, designer of mixed-signal circuits and student of the functional programming arts.
Based out of Cape Town, South Africa he spends his free time scuba diving, making music and exploring vegetarian cooking.