In this talk, Sam, Accessibility Evangelist at Fable, will make the case for why testing with people with disabilities is critical to any accessibility effort, and describe what you can do in order to make this testing quicker, easier, and more effective. He will also provide tips, tricks, and advice based on his life-long experience as a screen reader user and testing participant, as well as the expertise Fable has gained from conducting thousands of hours of user testing with assistive technology.
In this talk, you will learn:
- Why does testing with assistive technology users matter?
- What can automated testing cover, and where are the gaps that must be filled by user testing?
- Tips on how and when to recruit testers with disabilities
- Methods for performing effective user testing
- How and why user testing involving people with disabilities is different from other types of user research
- The importance of qualitative over quantitative results
- Common pitfalls encountered when performing research and testing involving people with disabilities, and how to avoid them
- Tips on how to prioritize and act on your results
Plus lots of time for your questions!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: