Doctor Syn is a computer algebra system with a focus on giving libm a more 21st century feel — mainly through autovectorisation and inlining. libm is the C standard maths library whch has many implementations but is only available for one language: C.
The companion project, libmgen generates the standard C maths libary for many languages and register formats including SIMD. We are able to generate polynomial approximations inline in Rust code which can then be translated using the syn Rust library to different formats.
Expected speedups are anything up to 30 times for single threaded and a thousand times for multi threaded operation.
The library generator allows varying levels of accuracy and edge-case handling for games, finance or mission critical applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Rust (Online Course on 8th - 15th December 2021)
- Embedded Rust: Beginners Workshop (Online Course on 9th - 10th December 2021)
- Rust London Ockam Takeover (Online Meetup on 27th October 2021)
- How to Read Complex Code? (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- An Evening with TimClicks (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)