Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In January 2021, we set out to aggressively scale up the R&D team at Octopus. Starting at 39 people, we set a target of 95 and called ourselves crazy, expecting to achieve something more realistic. By August, we'd done it (whoa!) and are now consolidating this growth into a cohesive high-performance team (the hardest part). In this talk, I will share what we learned along the way; recognising when it's time to grow; setting the best conditions to accommodate growth; tools to help manage growth; mistakes we made and how we corrected on the fly; consolidating and making the growth worthwhile.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- World-class engineering for an Octopus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2019)
- Leadership eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 27th January 2022)
- P3X People Product Process eXchange 2022 (in London on 1st - 30th September 2022)
- Communication & Influence for Techies: An Unconventional Look at conversations (Online Meetup on 20th January 2022)
- Debunking What Makes a Great Leader (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- D.A.R.E. More, F.E.A.R. Less – How Journaling Puts Leadership in Action (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)