This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — People Week
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — People Week early-access window expires on October 18, 2021.
“The humid air enveloped them, while they laid on their backs staring up at the blanket of stars.” As you read that, what was your reaction? An asthmatic may have instinctively coughed. Another person may have fanned themselves. Maybe you skimmed the sentence altogether, scrolling beyond to find a subject more appealing to you than this narrative. In any case, your brain went into motion, in a different way than what you might have originally expected.
With the many avenues of communication, it is difficult to engage the audience. In this case, the audience is our co-workers and our leadership. Competing lines of communication, an overload of data, and the commitment to deliver work get in the way of innovation and productivity. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to pause for a moment to be transformed to a place to gain a better understanding of the purpose? In this talk, we will discuss the importance of storytelling and how you can use it to help shift the lens on culture. Afterwards, you will:
- Understand how a great story can transform culture
- Craft an engaging narrative to communicate strategy
- Deliver information through stories
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Reasoning Systematically: the Art of Integration Leadership — 2 Half‑Day Workshops [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th - 12th October 2021)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 4th - 5th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Leadership eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 27th January 2022)
- An Evening with TimClicks (Online Meetup on 28th September 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Intersectional Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things; Agile Helps Us To Build Things RIGHT (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Storytelling: Shifting the Culture Through Sharing Experiences
Bianca Sias is an Enterprise Transformation Coach and Agile Strategy Lead at JPMC. She has been an Agilist for the past 13 years.