Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this session,we will be joined by author of Dynamic Reteaming, Heidi Helfand, to discuss the varies ways reteaming happens and if managed correctly, how it can improve an enterprises ability to adapt and help people enjoy what they do.
After that we will hear from Chris Smith, Head of Product Delivery at Redgate Software.
For the past three years, Redgate has run a self-selection reteaming process to reconfigure how their teams are assigned to reflect the company’s strategy and plans for the year ahead. The approach has been to allow people to strongly influence where in the new team structure they will work, encouraging them to move towards the work they find most engaging. They’ve come to re-evaluate the traditional wisdom of aiming for very stable teams and recognise the virtues of deliberately and thoughtfully changing-up teams. This approach has helped us create a development culture of engagement, resilience and opportunity. And our team-game is still as strong as ever.
Chris will share how Redgate came to try it’s own style of self-selection team reorganisation. He’ll talk about how this has become an established annual event, the challenges and benefits of the approach and now we adapted the process to reteam a fully-remote workforce in January 2021.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Dynamic Reteaming at Fast-Growing Companies (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Training from the Back of the Room with Ben Maynard and Jon Spruce (in London on 1st - 2nd November 2022)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th February 2023)
- YOW! December 2022: Online (Online Conference on 5th - 13th December 2022)
- YOW! Brisbane Developer Conference 2022 (in Brisbane on 5th - 6th December 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- Integration Leadership (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)
- Mastering the Habit Loop to Improve Your Life, Career and Organization (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)
Chris is Head of Product Delivery at Redgate. His job is to lead the software development teams that work on Redgate's ingeniously simple database software, building teams with clarity of purpose, freedom to act and a drive to learn. For the last three years Chris has lead Redgate's annual reteaming process which gives people a strong influence over which team they are part of, encouraging them to move towards the work they find most engaging
Director of Engineering ExcellenceProcore Technologies