In this tongue in cheek talk, Abid Quereshi explores the reaction to tradition and power structures and an attempt to help us see ourselves through the lens of Rome, 33BCE.
Two thousand years ago was a crazy time. It was the time of the turning — turning away from false gods and fake news to prophecy and disciples. Like today, a time of political upheaval and revolution. Okay, as crazy as things are today, they are not really as bad as then — but there are some parallels. We have inflammatory ideas like self-organising teams, liberal ideas like welcoming change, and maximising the amount of work not done. This reaction to the industrial age has exploded into various movements and factions, some in alliance and others claiming treachery on others. We have our Zealots, Pharisees, Sadducees, the Essenes. Which one are you? This tongue in cheek talk explores the reaction to tradition and power structures and an attempt to help us see ourselves.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Certified Product Owner with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 15th - 16th March 2021)
- Zombies and the Spirit of Scrum (SkillsCast recorded in June 2016)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People, Product & Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
Agile During the Time of Jesus
For over 22 years Abid Quereshi has helped over 50 organisations in 15 countries increase business agility. The insights he brings to the classroom are based on direct experience in developing, testing, specifying and tracking on real software projects.