In this talk, Barry will provide a personal account of family loss and illness. He’ll explain what he has learnt as a result of going through these experiences whilst holding down a demanding job in banking technology and provide some guidance which could help you cope and come through similar events if/when they happen to you.
Expect some darkness, some light and a little bit of Sponge Bob Squarepants.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Techstinction : How Our Use of Technology Will be the Death of Us All, Unless We Act Now (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Course on 15th - 18th November 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 22nd - 26th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Jared Spool: The Power of Outcome-based UX Metrics (Online Meetup on 19th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Retrospecitves Antipatterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- The Myth of Team Autonomy: Why it is an Illusion and We Still Need It (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
When Sh*t Happens
Having organised DevOpsDays London in 2016, set up his own Enterprise Agility meetup group and conference the following year, Barry has become a leading figure in the UK's Enterprise Agility and DevOps communities.